Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rid the Sock Monster!!!

I made this from a sample I found a a friends home, hers is so very cute and I thought I could make one to match my decor and style. I love the idea of having "a place for everything, and everything in its place" even if there is one missing (my home doesn't look that organized either). I got the wood, and plain clothes pins from, you guessed it, Joann. The paper as well, in the Retro package of 12x12 scrapbook paper. I cut the paper, and was ready to glue, I accidentally cut the paper too short, that's why there is a grey line in the middle of the two papers, I painted the wood all around the edges and the line in the middle to cover my paper shortage with 3 coats of a darker grey color. I took apart the clothes pins and painted those with the same color grey paint, took 3 coats again. when I put them back together, I had to add more paint to cover the chips and scrapes from the metal springs. I used Modge Podge to glue the paper to the wood and my Cricut machine to cut the letters out of a sheet of grey paper that just so happens to match the grey paint perfectly (what a coincidence). Glued the letters and clothes pins in place and there you have it, a really cute Lost Sock holder. You could change the words to anything you want, even make it with Christmas paper and hang Christmas cards on it.



Here is the sample that I got the idea from, THANKS Amie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment